*Click HERE to book appointment now
Why do I need a pre-surgical evaluation?
Bariatric surgery is a medical procedure that helps patients struggling with obesity to lose weight. Mental health evaluation are required prior to the surgery and its purpose is to ensure a patient's mental health will not impede their ability to be safe and manage follow-care post-surgery.
What exactly am I being assessed for?
The focus of this evaluation is determine the following:
- Understand the risks & requirements of the operation
- Is not likely to harm her/himself by neglecting important medical advice
- Has and uses adequate social support system
- Has realistic expectations of the surgical outcome
- Can cope with life changes following surgery
How long will it take?
This comprehensive assessment typically takes 3-4 hours to complete. The assessment includes the following tools:
- Millon Clinical Multiaxal Inventory-III (MCMI-III)
- Millon Behavioral Medicine Diagnostic (MCMD)
- Questionnaire on Weight and Eating Patterns (QEWP-R)
- Diet Readiness Questionnaire (DRQ)
- Drug Abuse Screening Test (DAST)
- Clinical Interview
What happens after I'm done with my assessment?
A full written clinical report will be sent to you and your referring surgeon within in 7 business days upon completion of your assessment.
*Click HERE to see our pricing for evaluations