*Click HERE to book appointment now
Why do I need a pre-surgical evaluation?
Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery is a medical procedure that helps patients struggling with chronic pain caused by dysfunction in pain receptors. During the surgery, a small spinal cord stimulator device is implanted underneath the skins and attached to the nerve system. Your surgeon wants to ensure that you are mentally and physically prepared for this surgery and the goal is to avoid adverse risk caused by your mental and physical health.
What exactly am I being assessed for?
The focus of this evaluation is determine the following:
- Understand the risks & requirements of the operation
- Is not likely to harm her/himself by neglecting important medical advice
- Has and uses adequate social support system
- Has realistic expectations of the surgical outcome
- Can cope with life changes following surgery
How long will it take?
This comprehensive assessment typically takes 3-4 hours to complete. The assessment includes the following tools:
- Millon Clinical Multiaxal Inventory-III (MCMI-III)
- Millon Behavioral Medicine Diagnostic (MCMD)
- Battery for Health Improvement-II (BHI-II)
- Drug Abuse Screening Test (DAST)
- Pain Patient Profile (P-3)
- Clinical Interview
What happens after I'm done with my assessment?
A full written clinical report will be sent to you and your referring surgeon within in 7 business days upon completion of your assessment.
*Click HERE to see our pricing for evaluations